Providence, RISaccoccio & Associates, Architects
Built circa 1875 for jewelry manufacturer Curry & Richards, this four-story compound in Providence's historic Pine Street District had been re-purposed many times in the decades that followed. Before restoration by Saccoccio & Associates, the two buildings comprising the compound were in a sad state of disrepair, but slated for adaptive reuse as a condominium complex. Windows were restored or replaced to conform to historic guidelines, masonry was cleaned and repointed, and timber elements were reused to enhance the industrial feel of the new 18 living units. This project benefited from Historic Tax Credits.